Join us for local workshops, walks, and conversations as we work together to care for our place.
Check back here as new events and activities are added to the calendar.
Christmas Tree Cutting
Christmas Tree Cutting – December 3rd, 10am-1pm
Come revive a Tennessee tradition and cut your own cedar tree for Christmas. Jane Griffin is opening her farm in Smyrna to a limited number of guests on Saturday, December 2nd (arrive between 10am and 1pm) so you can find, cut and carry your own tree home for Christmas.
Suggested donation: $10 per tree (all proceeds benefit the work of Nashville A Rocha)
Space is limited. RSVP using the form below for directions and so we know to expect you, and let us know if you’d like to find your tree in the more easily accessible field or if you’re up for a more adventurous hike.
- Prepare yourself for a little adventure and effort – this is a find, cut and haul your own tree kind of event!
- This year, we have a limited number of trees in a field with easy access for families and small kids. If you want a little bit more adventure, we have an alternative hike option to find your tree (not recommended for families with small kids).
- The farm is near Smyrna off 24, roughly 45-60 minutes from Nashville, depending on traffic.
- Appearance: Cedar trees are not pine trees, and while generally wider on the bottom they might require some trimming and might be less full than a conventional Christmas tree.
- Height: The easily accessible trees are in the 4-7 foot range. For a larger tree, you’ll need to take the longer hike.
- The easily accessible trees are about a 10-minute walk one way. The longer hike is 20+ minutes one way. There are also some large thorns and uneven patches of ground, so please wear sturdy footwear.
- We won’t have netting, but we will have twine for tying trees to vehicles.
- We’ll provide some tools, but if you have a hand saw, bring it.
- Wear work gloves if you have them.
- Limit one tree per family.
- We will provide drinks and snacks!